Big Firm Experience.
Personal Service and Attention.
Lucas | Savitz represents companies and individuals in commercial and securities arbitration matters. Our attorneys have appeared in arbitrations administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and international arbitrations administered by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
We have wide-ranging commercial arbitration experience, having represented clients in arbitral actions arising from real estate acquisition and construction matters, post-merger and acquisition disputes, and employment and general contractual claims. Through this experience we have acquired a thorough understanding of arbitration-specific rules, practices, and nuances – procedural, evidentiary, and otherwise – that is advantageous to our clients in arbitration cases.
In the securities arbitration context, we have experience in cases pertaining to various types of securities and securities trading, including stocks, options, structured products, fixed income securities, hedge fund investments, and foreign exchange trading. We have handled securities claims involving allegations of misrepresentation in the sale of securities, negligence in due diligence, investment unsuitability, and unauthorized trading, as well as arbitral proceedings between securities industry participants arising from covenants of confidentiality and non-solicitation of clients.
- Representing sellers of aviation services company and related party in post-sale disputes with buyer and affiliated entities in consolidated international arbitration proceedings administered by the ICC
- Representing multinational financial services firm, as claimant, in arbitration action (administered by FINRA) arising from non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements with several former employees
- Representing multinational financial services firm, as claimant, in unauthorized trading arbitration action (administered by FINRA) based upon foreign exchange trading activities of former trader at the firm
- Representing limited partnership as claimant in FINRA-administered arbitration action against global financial advisory firm concerning investment made in a synthetic investment product that was linked to the performance of a hedge fund
- Representing individual and entity investors as claimants in ICDR-administered arbitration action against European-headquartered bank concerning investments made in a Madoff feeder fund