Big Firm Experience.
Personal Service and Attention.
Our firm has robust experience representing both victims and alleged perpetrators in the identification, investigation, and litigation of various fraud claims – including bank fraud, accounting fraud, securities fraud, and investment fraud.
Lucas | Savitz represents clients from the investigative stage through trial and understands the unique challenges businesses and individuals face when disputes implicate both civil and criminal wrongdoing. In particular, where civil and potential criminal liability intersect, a careful and strategic plan to address dual exposure and possible parallel civil and criminal proceedings is critical. Our firm zealously, yet judiciously, represents clients faced with complex and sensitive frauds.
- Representing investment group in litigation and federal jury trial against Scott Rothstein and TD Bank for their participation in a $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme – the largest Ponzi scheme in Florida history and top ten in US history – resulting in a $67 million jury verdict of compensatory and punitive damages (affirmed on appeal)
- Representing additional victim-investors in litigation and parallel proceedings arising from the Scott Rothstein Ponzi scheme
- Representing investors in arbitration claims against European-headquartered bank concerning investments in feeder fund for Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme
- Representing investors in investigation and legal claims concerning fraudulent business activities by Florida company
- Defending company and individually-named employees in lawsuit alleging fraudulent business practices
- Representing fraud victim in lawsuit against large international bank
- Defending government contractor in civil fraud claims alleging accounting fraud and tax evasion
- Representing SEC receiver in successful investigation and litigation that led to recovery of assets for victims of a nationwide securities fraud scheme
- Representing a public company facing multiple securities fraud class action lawsuits
- Representing a major Wall Street investment bank in complying with a subpoena concerning its involvement in an alleged fraudulent corporate spin-off
- Representing a bond trading firm in litigation concerning an international bank fraud and monetary theft