Big Firm Experience.
Personal Service and Attention.
Individuals and companies of all stripes can be exposed to business crimes. Those working in the finance, real estate, international commerce, and healthcare industries are particularly susceptible. Potential and actual exposure can jeopardize the reputation, business activities, and livelihood of those involved. Moreover, individuals and companies facing criminal liability must also address possible parallel regulatory and civil liability.
The white-collar criminal defense practice of Lucas | Savitz provides thorough and careful preparation to address these inherent challenges. Our firm represents individuals and entities in both preventing and defending exposure to criminal liability and related parallel proceedings.
In the preventative context, our work is two-fold: we advise companies during the due diligence phase of contemplated corporate transactions, and we assist already-operating businesses in investigating potential wrongdoing in order to remediate problems and strengthen compliance programs before criminal liability arises. In this regard, we have experience advising companies concerning potential criminal liability that may arise from the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control compliance, the USA PATRIOT Act, anti-money laundering matters, and other corporate wrongdoing.
Likewise, our firm defends both individuals and companies in a wide range of corporate criminal matters arising from business dealings, operations, and transactions.
- Representing companies and individuals concerning Office of Foreign Assets Control compliance and due diligence for contemplated business transactions
- Representing companies as Foreign Corrupt Practices Act counsel in connection with international mergers and acquisitions
- Representing companies in developing Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance policies and programs
- Representing an international data services company concerning USA PATRIOT Act compliance
- Representing business in criminal exposure created by employee’s financial fraud
- Representing companies and individuals in connection with internal and law enforcement investigations concerning alleged accounting and financial fraud
- Representing a corporate executive in connection with multiple fraud and tax evasion investigations and prosecution
- Representing company employees subpoenaed for federal grand jury investigation in connection with company executive indicted for medical supply fraud
- Representing an individual federally indicted for a multi-million dollar Medicare fraud
- Representing an individual federally indicted and tried for bank fraud, tax evasion, conspiracy, and perjury
- Assisting federal prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of a wide range of criminal securities fraud cases including matters involving broker-dealers engaged in boiler room operations, “kickback cases” concerning secret payments to brokers in exchange for pushing stock and cases arising from Operation Uptick – the largest securities fraud takedown in US history