THE HISTORIC ALFRED I. DUPONT BUILDING169 EAST FLAGLER STREET | SUITE 1534 MIAMI, FLORIDA 33131 Telephone: 305.767.1450
Big Firm Experience.
Personal Service and Attention.
Real Estate Litigation
Lucas | Savitz represents companies and individuals in matters arising from various aspects of their commercial real estate activities, including property acquisition, development, and management.
Real Estate Acquisition & Due Diligence
At the real estate acquisition stage, our clients retain us during the due diligence phase to conduct a review of litigation liabilities and potential exposure. While work at this stage in the deal process is traditionally considered the duty of corporate real estate lawyers, the savvy real estate developer recognizes that a thorough review and assessment of potential litigation exposure is a prudent measure of additional protection that ultimately can save the developer from more costly litigation exposure in the future.
In those instances where litigation is unavoidable, we likewise represent clients in legal actions arising from real estate acquisition and related contractual matters.
Real Estate Development
At the real estate development stage, our attorneys represent clients in disputes concerning development agreements, construction, and contracts. We also conduct reviews of litigation-related risks arising from proposed real estate development financing arrangements.
Real Estate Management
Property management creates a unique set of challenges for the commercial landlord who must navigate disputes arising from both the maintenance of commercial property and the business tenants that occupy it. Our firm handles disputes between commercial landlords, contractors, and tenants emanating from lease agreements, non-payment, maintenance, construction, and related contractual disputes.
- Conducting due diligence on potential litigation liabilities arising from international commercial real estate acquisition
- Conducting litigation exposure review for commercial real estate developer in due diligence phase of multi-million dollar real estate project
- Representing and providing outside legal counsel to Florida-based agricultural company and related interests in real estate acquisition, real estate finance, and commercial landlord/tenant matters
- Representing real estate developer in legal claims concerning breaches of development agreement and construction contract
- Representing commercial landlord in litigation against multinational corporation concerning faulty construction and breach of maintenance contract
- Representing commercial landlord in litigation against multinational telecommunications corporation alleging fraud and breach of contract
- Representing point-of-destination shopping center in litigation and workouts with commercial tenants
- Defending commercial property management company in a putative class action lawsuit alleging multiple claims concerning property maintenance and management
- Obtaining dismissal with prejudice for individual sued by commercial tenants for indemnification of alleged losses arising from landlord’s eviction of tenants